Doreen married Roger G. PASK, son of Robert PASK and Ada Violet BECKETT, in 1957 in the Basford registration district.5
Doreen died on 11 January 2009 in King’s Mill Hospital, Mansfield Road, Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, at the age of 82.2,6,4,7 Her body was cremated on 20 January 2009 in Crematorium Chapel, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.2,7
Life-long Kirkby resident Mrs Pask, who attended secretarial college in Mansfield, studied ballet as a young woman, and was also a member of the Bentinck Players’ Theatre.
Mrs Pask worked as a civil servant in the council offices in Nottingham, the records department at both Mansfield General and King’s Mill hospitals, and also had various posts over the years within the local hosiery mills, manufacturing and industry.
Her interests included her family, archaeology, music - particularly big bands, classical and opera - and gardening, and she also enjoyed “spur of the moment” holidays with her family in earlier years.
an avid reader of all genres throughout her life, she also enjoyed and was adept at crosswords and solving intellectual puzzles. She retained her love of dance and the arts attending productions and events with her family.
In later life Mrs Pask realised an ambition and produced water colour paintings which were exhibited locally.
Mrs Pask, who died at King’s Mill Hospital, sutton, leaves her husband Roger, son Ian, daughter Linda and four grandchildren.
Mourners were Mr P. Pask, Mr I. Pask, Ms L. Pask, Mrs A. Pask, Miss T. Radford, Mr and Mrs Reynolds, Ms M. Pask, Mr and Mrs Dimmery, Ms J. Ives, Mr and Mrs J. Ives, Mrs P. Ludlow, Mrs B. Buxton, Mrs B. Clowes, Mrs G. Isterling, Mrs C. Redfern, Mrs V. Harrison, Mrs T. Stead.
Floral tributes were received from family and friends.
The service was conducted by Mr D. Sharpe, and arrangements were by S. M. Johnson.2
An In Memoriam notice was published in the Mansfield Chad, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, on 13 January 2010, it read:
Not a day goes by without thoughts of you. You are always missed, always remembered.
Husband Roger & Daughter Linda xxx.6
Children of Doreen HOULSTON and Roger George PASK
- Ian M. PASK
- Linda R. PASK
Sources of Information:
- [S3] GRO Indexes to Marriages. "1957/Q4 HOULSTON, Doreen PASK Basford 3c 55."
- [S3755] Website Iannounce - Archive of obituary & other family announcements: http://announce.jpress.co.uk/1757823
Published in the Chad.co.uk on 25th February 2009 (Distributed in Mansfield).
- [S2] GRO Indexes to Births. "1926/Q2 HOULSTON, Doreen WILLIAMS Basford 7b 331."
- [S4] GRO Indexes to Deaths. "2009/ PASK, Doreen 24AP1926, Mansfield District 6871A Reg 1A005 Ent 171 Dor 0109."
- [S3] GRO Indexes to Marriages. "1957/Q4 PASK, Roger G. = HOULSTON, Doreen Basford 3c 55."
- [S3755] Website Iannounce - Archive of obituary & other family announcements: http://announce.jpress.co.uk/3399472
Published in the Chad.co.uk on 13th January 2010 (Distributed in Mansfield).
- [S3062] E-mail from Roger George Pask to Stuart & Teresa Pask dated 19 November 2014.
Jean lived at Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.1
Research Note: Jean Pask née North came from a very wealthy family of sugar growers, and whose family originated from the UK and lived in Durban Natal. Jean adopted Brian and his sister Jean.1
Child of Jean NORTH
- Brian Phillip PASK1
Sources of Information:
- [S3068] E-mail from Lorna Smith née Pask to Stuart & Teresa Pask dated 30 March 2008.