Arthur Henry PASK1
- 5th great-grandson of John PASK
In the census of 1 June 1921 in Saltcoats, Saskatchewan, Canada, he was listed as aged 9 born in Saskatchewan, the son of Stephen PASK.3
He was in a photograph taken on July 1938 in Canada.4 The photograph included:
Second Back Row: Mary Elizabeth Pask (later married Leonard Thomas), Florence Armisticia Pask (later married Laurie Halliday), Vida Pask (later married Jack Sawyer)
Middle Row: Emily Pask née Wilkinson, Arthur George Cross, May Wilkinson (sister of Emily Pask née Wilkinson), Sarah Pask née Common
Front Row (Seated): Aubrey Oliver Phillips Pask, Florence Gertrude Agatha Cross née Pask, Stephen Pask.4
Arthur married Margaret Mary MERRETT in June 1941 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.1
Arthur and Margaret were in a family photograph taken in November 1957 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.5
He was mentioned in the Newspaper Announcement of his parent's 55th Wedding Anniversary celebrations that took place in Zeneta, Saskatchewan, Canada, on 18 July 1960.2
He was mentioned in his brother's obituary in Nelson, Saskatchewan, Canada, on 7 July 1983.6
A letter was sent dated 29 March 1985, to "Cousin May" [May Agatha Thompson, daughter of Robert Hayhow & Ruth Elizabeth Thomspon née Pask] from Arthur Henry Pask of Canada [the son of Stephen & Sarah Pask née Common. In the letter Arthur recalls:
"I do not know where John Pask (your grandfather) was born. His father John Paske [husband of Sarah Pask née Cornell] built the windmill that stood on Mill Hill in Haverhill. Stephen Cornell [Pask] had the watermill at Clare and at sometime (probably 1890) had an engine driven mill at Haverhill which was an innovation for that time. I understood (from what little I can remember of what my father told us) that he converted the windmill his father had built into an engine driven mill. We have a photo of a painting of the original windmill which has the title of THE PASKE MILL.
The base of the mill still remains on Mill Hill. There is a "Paske" avenue in Haverhill.
The buildings of the water mill at Clare are now a feed mill complex.
My father worked with his father in the engine driven mill at Haverhill and he had many stores about that engine. He (Stephen) and Oliver came to Canada in 1899 which I suspect must have left their father (Stephen Cornell) alone but at that time milling on that scale probably was a fading business. He stayed at it until the 1920s."7
Arthur was a Civil Engineer, and worked for the City of Winnipeg.1
Arthur died on 18 July 1990 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, at the age of 79.1
Children of Arthur Henry PASK and Margaret Mary MERRETT
Sources of Information:
- [S1845] Family Tree of Stephen Cornell Pask compiled by Sheila Maxwell of Saskatchewan, Canada in December 2005.
- [S5000] Website Ancestry Family Trees: Caryle-Merrett Family Tree by Catherine Carlyle https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tree/24238205
- [S5002] Website Ancestry: Reference Number: RG 31; Folder Number: 160; Census Place: Saltcoats, Saskatchewan; Page Number: 21.
- [S1807] E-mail from Sheila Maxwell to Stuart & Teresa Pask dated 3 July 2008.
- [S1807] E-mail from Sheila Maxwell to Stuart & Teresa Pask dated 2 July 2008.
- [S5000] Website Ancestry Family Trees: Caryle-Merrett Family Tree by Catherine Carlyle
- [S3048] Letter from Arthur Henry Pask to May Agatha Thompson, dated 29 March 1985.
Margaret Mary MERRETT1
Margaret married Arthur Henry PASK, son of Stephen PASK and Sarah COMMON, in June 1941 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.1
Margaret and Arthur were in a family photograph taken in November 1957 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.2 Margaret worked at the CBG in Winnipeg.1
Margaret died in 1997.1